IntelliSurvey has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardware and software related to the company’s infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the applications that support core organizational functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of Linux servers, particularly Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and on-going maintenance of Red Hat Virtualization cluster Hosts and Manager.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and on-going maintenance of Red Hat Gluster cluster nodes.
- Provision and configure compute resources on demand, including physical and virtual machines with appropriate network and storage allocation.
- Create and maintain Ansible playbooks.
- Configure and maintain Atlassian Jira and related products.
- Perform daily monitoring of hardware in our data center.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware and software issues.
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required systems are successfully backed up.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions.
- Assist with on-call support for server maintenance.
- Esure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
Education and/or experience:
- Two years system administration experience primarily supporting full stack web application infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Linux System Administration, LAN/WAN Networking Protocols, DNS administration, and one or more common scripting languages.
Technology experience (desired):
- AWS administration, including VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, and CloudFormation
- Intermediate to advanced IPv4 networking
- Networking device configuration and administration, including Cisco, Arista and Palo Alto
- Apache and Nginx administration
- PostgreSQL administration
- MongoDB administration
- SPF and DKIM configuration
- Perl and/or Python programming
Our mission is to enable professional research online. We’ve always gone beyond the simple work, and handled projects and research methodologies that others found difficult. Along the way, we’ve continually upgraded our online survey platform. We’ve built an outstanding team with detailed understanding of both business and research issues, adept at applying technology to solve complex problems.
IntelliSurvey employs 100+ people, with our software development staff primarily in southern California, with client service and research staff working remotely in various locations around the world.
We offer competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses, plus generous benefits such as company-provided health insurance, dental and vision insurance, a 401K plan, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment.