Mission Viejo, CA
IntelliSurvey has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Business Development to join our team. The Director of Business is responsible for working alongside Director of Business Development and Strategy in managing the proceedings of business engagements and to carry out the collaboration between various projects and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Support the Sales team with prospect lead generation and follow-through.
- Foster existing relationships with client stakeholders across the existing IntelliSurvey portfolio.
- Scope, price, and propose on incoming bids from existing IntelliSurvey clients.
- Identify partnerships across the Market Research ecosystem that complement the IntelliSurvey product offering and client servicing model.
- Work in tandem with Sales & Company leadership to promote & balance profitability with client budgets.
- Work in tandem with Sales leadership to develop account plans for strategic opportunities within the IntelliSurvey portfolio.
- Proactively pitch products and services to a sophisticated client base of senior stakeholders.
- Identify and engage with new business opportunities in emerging client markets.
- Manage the sales process from end-to-end; that is, from closing a deal through to project delivery & invoicing.
- Liaise and negotiate both internally as well as with external suppliers to assess feasibility for client requests.
- Advise the Field & Project Management teams on proposed methodologies & approaches to ensure the successful delivery of projects to IntelliSurvey clients.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and escalation for clients as it relates to commercial considerations & project success.
- Be both flexible & enthusiastic when it comes to sophisticated requests and out-of-the-ordinary project proposals.
- Serve as a “thought partner” both internally & externally, proactively engaging & proposing thoughtful solutions to sophisticated research problems.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to further refine expertise in areas of interest as they relate to the market research ecosystem.
- Design survey research solutions in tandem with client stakeholders.
- Serve as a mentor & knowledge base to peers, less tenured team members, as well as the leadership team.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a previous client service and or business development role.
- BS degree in Business Management or relevant field.
- Extensive experience in business development, client relations and marketing.
- Must be able to multi-task, meeting deadlines and work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to ask questions, share ideas and review progress as necessary. A wide variety of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, verbal, written and presentation skills for effective communication between business organization and corporate clients.
- Must pose the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Strong oral communication skills; ability to lead client calls and provide guidance on sensible technical approaches to solving research requirements.
- Must have the ability to communicate details effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
- Demonstrate strong inter-departmental communication and cooperation skills.
We’re headquartered in the United States in Mission Viejo, California, but many of our opportunities have no geographical boundaries. Our team is composed of the most talented people from around the world.
Our mission is to enable professional research online. We’ve always gone beyond the simple work, and handled projects and research methodologies that others found difficult. Along the way, we’ve continually upgraded our online survey platform. We’ve built an outstanding team with detailed understanding of both business and research issues, adept at applying technology to solve complex problems.
We have about 120 employees worldwide, with about 80% of those in the United States and the rest at various locations around the world. Our Corporate office team in based in southern California but the rest of our US-based workforce works remotely from their homes.