Mission Viejo, CA
We are looking for excellent Software Engineers with significant Python experience to help us build new software and enhance and improve our current codebase.
Our software is used by a wide range of companies to develop and deploy online surveys, and to view survey results using our online reporting and analysis tools. For many years our back-end has been primarily written in object-oriented Perl, but recently we decided to move towards Python for new development. This posting is for our first software engineers who are focused on Python development. As such you can play a pivotal role in helping define our standards and best practices for Python development.
The technology experience we are looking for with this position includes:
- Python, for the back-end for our web-based software and for the back-end for our new mobile app.
- PostgreSQL or other SQL database experience.
- Docker containers for deployment, although again this is a relatively new path we are migrating towards in order to enable easier and more scalable deployments.
- Linux experience (we use CentOS primarily but experience with other Linux variants is helpful also).
- git for version control, with Atlassian tools such as JIRA for ticket tracking and Fisheye/Crucible for code reviews
Other experience that would be helpful but that is not strictly required includes:
- Perl experience, to help with the migration. We won’t expect the hires from this posting to write Perl code, but the ability to read and understand it is helpful.
In addition, the ability to learn quickly and work well with our team is more important than any particular technical skill. In addition, excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to help make sure we’re all on the same page. And a good sense of humor is a great plus as well.
We offer competitive compensation depending on career level. For this posting we are seeking significant senior level experience in software engineering, and particularly with Python, but we will consider mid-level experience as well.
We’re headquartered in the United States in Mission Viejo, California, but many of our opportunities have no geographical boundaries. Our team is composed of the most talented people from around the world.
Our mission is to enable professional research online. We’ve always gone beyond the simple work, and handled projects and research methodologies that others found difficult. Along the way, we’ve continually upgraded our online survey platform. We’ve built an outstanding team with detailed understanding of both business and research issues, adept at applying technology to solve complex problems.
We have about 120 employees worldwide, with about 80% of those in the United States and the rest at various locations around the world. Our software engineering team in based in southern California but the rest of our US-based workforce works remotely from their homes.